Wednesday, October 10, 2012

B-29 Superfortress

1/48 Scale Monogram B-29 Superfortress
This month's review is on the Revell 1/48 scale B-29 Superfortress. It has a wingspan of 35 inches, a length of 24 inches, and has over 105 parts including a five man ground crew and pieces to build the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan. (The bombs are not mentioned in the instructions, but trust me they're included). And it is HEAVY. It weighs about 2 lb. It is a fairly easy build it took me two days, but can take a longer or shorter time depending on how well you want the quality. It also has two marking options for one plane that served in the Korean War, and the another served in World War II. One is "Cream of the Crop" (Korea) and the other is "Humpin' Honey" (WWII). I chose to customize mine as the "Enola Gay". (See Lower Photo) Since the plane is so big and heavy, it needs a stand is needed in the rear to support it. The stand included in the kit snaps really easily so I put a custom one on my plane. The propellors spin better than any other model I own. It takes up a TON of space, so be sure you have enough space for it before you buy it. All in all it is a great model and a fun build. I give it a 4 out of 5 star rating. Well that's all for now. I'll have another review out next month. 

Happy Building!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment